Normally I like to do challenges solo. Everybody else seems to prefer that too. Probably because I am just a Cranky, Old Fart, Curmudgeon. But I have decided that it might be OK to do the MNKC2017 with a group.
First some things you need to know:
- I am slow. If you decide to join my group, you need to realize that we are not going to break Verlen Kruger's record. It might even snow before we are finished.
- I will be paddling in a solo canoe. A solo canoe is usually slower than a double so you will be limited by my speed because groups have to stay together.
- Virtually all portages will be 2 trips.
- Normally I break camp early and keep going until about an hour before dark. It's better to leave a campsite in the dark and find a campsite with a little light remaining.
- Groups are limited to 9 people and four canoes. That means I have room for up to three canoes in my group.
- I already have a permit for entry on the 21st so that means we will launch very early on the 20th at International Falls. We will paddle like crazy to make the Crane Lake entry late on the 21st.
- We will take however long it takes to finish even if we miss the deadline because I am too slow. We will finish at Lake Superior.
Having said all that, I doubt if anyone would want to join my group. But if you decide to take a chance, please contact me be email. Make sure to include your WaterTribe name so I don't have to look it up.